There are a couple things I’d like to mention today,
I read Larry’s post yesterday (shared it on Facebook and Twitter for those of you who would like to read an incredible post), in his post he mentions one of the key elements of this course and that is promises and the importance of keeping them. I too have found that I had to review and refocus on some of them, I just wasn’t being honest with myself. Two of my biggest challenges have been my True Health goal of exercising five days a week, and the revision and ultimately the completion of my Press Release. I have discovered as many of you in this course already have that when you finally set in your mind to do something, it gets done, period. For exercising I used several techniques revolved around linking to making my goal a reality:
- I focussed my thoughts on what I had written down, how it would feel, and what it would look like.
- I also focussed on my movie poster and the shapes and colours that I have linked to my True Health goal.
- And I used the NARC technique which was very powerful in helping me choose wisely.
This week I’ve worked out three times already and I intend to complete the last two.
As for my Press Release, this to me has been a huge challenge as I don’t remember the last time if at all that I was ever asked to write something about myself in the future with the things that I had set out to do already completed. I used two techniques to help me complete this:
- Any thought at almost any time that I had regarding the content of my Press Release I would write out. I kept writing. I didn’t care about the order of things I just kept writing. I had several different beginnings, a lot of stuff in the middle and several things to add to the end. I found this was the only way I was able to move forward with this.
- The second technique that I used was what helped me piece everything together and get it done. I made a promise to myself on my plan of action card to get it done by the 20th of December. After all those weeks of procrastination and frustration, I decided to write a date to get it done and make a promise to myself, and in one week… one week, amongst all the other things that life decided to throw at me that week, it got done. Now just a word of warning, any of you that do decide to read this please note that although I have it done I still have to type it out in my Press Release column and although I am very slow at typing I do intend to get it done. I promise!
The second thing I wanted to talk about Part 13 of Haanel’s Master Key, 13-26. When I first read this passage I was unsure of what to do. For those readers that are not familiar with this book, at the end of each chapter is an exercise and you are asked to sit and think on it. Most of these exercises are pretty clear and specific, but this one, at least for me was a little abstract. I had read it several times before saying to myself, ” just sit and think about it, see what happens.” Well I have to say that it was an overwhelming experience, a lot of answers came to me that first night.
I thought that I would have the same experience the following night, but I did not. I thought about that for a while wondering how could I get back to that incredible place again in my mind? Then an answer came to me and I think I may be understanding things a little better everyday. That initial experience on Monday night was a realization and a recognition for me, it’s like I was able to unlock a door and behind it was more knowledge and understanding of how to create a life of peace and prosperity for myself. So I think that even though I did not get that same overwhelming experience that I had the first time, the ‘door’ that I unlocked is permanently open and that realization and recognition is now a part of my world without.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the holidays.